Make sure you have snacks organized before the Bible Talk.
15 When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, "Blessed is the man who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God."
16 Jesus replied: "A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests.
17 At the time of the banquet he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited, 'Come, for everything is now ready.'
18 "But they all alike began to make excuses. The first said, 'I have just bought a field, and I must go and see it. Please excuse me.'
19 "Another said, 'I have just bought five yoke of oxen, and I'm on my way to try them out. Please excuse me.'
20 "Still another said, 'I just got married, so I can't come.'
21 "The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.'
22 "'Sir,' the servant said, 'what you ordered has been done, but there is still room.'
23 "Then the master told his servant, 'Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full.
24 I tell you, not one of those men who were invited will get a taste of my banquet.'"
1. How do you feel when someone declines your invitation to dinner?
No problem / Hurt feelings / Wonder what the real reason is / Resentment for the trouble I went to / Embarrassment / Understanding
2. To what is the great banquet referring?
The kingdom of God / Deeper spiritual things / Jesus himself / The marriage banquet at the return of Christ / Restoration of the Jewish nation
3. Why did the three people who were originally invited refuse to come?
They didnít like banquets / Too busy with other things / Not interested in being with God / Unaware of they were missing / They didnít realize this was the last invitation.
4. "Go out quickly into the streets and alleys...bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame". Who are these people?
The losers / Outcasts of society / People hungry for spiritual things / Gentiles outside of the covenant / Everybody who knows they do not deserve Godís grace.
5. "I tell you, not one of those men who were invited will get a taste of my banquet".
They blew their chance / Committed the ďunforgivable sinĒ / Chose not to receive
Godís grace / Rejected Jesus as the Messiah
6. If God invited you to a banquet as his special guest (to spend time together) what would you do?
Probably make some excuse / Ask who else is coming
Wonder what God was up to / Go reluctantly / Jump at the chance / Donít know
7. How would you describe your spiritual diet right now?
Baby food / TV dinners / Meat and potatoes / Junk food except on Sunday / Dehydrated food (dried out) Gourmet feast / Pure Bread and Wine.
8. What can you expect at Godís banquet?
All my needs will be met / The company will be interesting / Itís a once-in-a-lifetime event / It will take commitment to stay and eat /
I will always be welcome / In order not to get fat I will be asked to share the banquet with others
9. When it comes to experiencing Godís spiritual feast, what will help you enjoy it more?
Spiritual hunger / Recognition that it is not a pot-luck-God provides all the food / Eating on a regular schedule rather than gorging once a week / Assurance that I can eat whenever Iím hungry
10. What would it take to get you to come to the banquet of Godís deeper things?
An adjustment in my schedule / An invitation direct from God / A few friends to join me / Lively entertainment and fun / A little more spiritual hunger