a. John 15:15
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
1. What did Jesus share with his disciples?
2. Are you this kind of a friend to other Christians?
3. Do they really know all about your life?
b. 2 Corinthians 6:11-13
11 We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you.
12 We are not withholding our affection from you, but you are withholding yours from us.
13 As a fair exchange--I speak as to my children--open wide your hearts also.
1. What does it mean to speak freely?
2. Are you opening your heart to others?
3. What are some feelings you aren't expressing to anyone?
c. Proverbs 20:5
The purposes of a man's heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out.
1. Are you helping others to disciple you by being open or does someone have to "draw you out" by asking many questions?
Spend some time today writing down some feelings / plans / secret sins that you haven't been sharing. Discuss these things with another Christian this week. Be open!
REVIEW THE PAST 10 DAYS. ARE YOU APPLYING THESE STUDIES TO YOUR LIFE? WHAT DO YOU STILL NEED TO BE OPEN ABOUT? SET UP TIME WITH ANOTHER DISCIPLE TODAY.