a. Mark 1:32-39
32 That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon-possessed.
33 The whole town gathered at the door,
34 and Jesus healed many who had various diseases. He also drove out many demons, but he would not let the demons speak because they knew who he was.
35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
36 Simon and his companions went to look for him,
37 and when they found him, they exclaimed: "Everyone is looking for you!"
38 Jesus replied, "Let us go somewhere else--to the nearby villages--so I can preach there also. That is why I have come."
39 So he traveled throughout Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and driving out demons.
1. What sacrifices did Jesus make to go and pray? Think of his previous day. What excuses could he have made to not pray?
2. When do you feel the need to pray? Do you ever make excuses not to pray?
3. How has your prayer time been the past 10 days?
b. Hebrews 5:7-10
7 During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered
9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him
10 and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.
1. What kind of prayer life did Jesus have?
2. What things besides going to the cross, would have been difficult for Jesus to obey?
3. What things are difficult for you to do as a disciple?
4. Have you been praying with loud cries and tears for God to help you be obedient?
5. What situations in your life do you need to pray more about?
Make a list and be specific.
Spend time today praying about the things you wrote on your list. Be specific in your prayers. Try praying out loud and talking to God as if you could see him. Tell him how you feel about these things and what is difficult and why it is difficult and what you can change.
REVIEW THE PAST TEN DAYS APPLICATIONS. HAVE YOU PUT THEM ALL INTO PRACTICE