a. Philippians 2:14-16
14 Do everything without complaining or arguing,
15 so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe
16 as you hold out the word of life--in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.
1. How do we "hold out the word of life" to others?
2. What kind of example do we need to show those around us?
3. What have you complained or argued about lately? How can you change?
b. 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
19 Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.
20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law.
21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.
22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.
23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
1. How can you be a slave to everyone? (Give examples)
2. What are some ways you need to adapt to people in your life to help them be saved?
c. Psalm 126:6
He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.
1. Why should we be "weeping" as we go out to make disciples?
2. What is the promise for those who do?
d. Daniel 12:3
Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.
Are you being wise?
Pray for a heart that truly loves people deeply as you share your faith today.