Jesus came into this world to seek and save the lost.
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
God's will for us as disciples is to become like his son. Hence we have to walk in the footsteps of Jesus by seeking and saving the lost.
This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
This scripture says that only if we bear much fruit we are the disciples of Jesus Christ. This is the certificate of a disciple (He Makes Disciples)
Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop--thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown."
The good soils bears much fruit.
Evangelism is all about making disciples. This can be done only by God's help.
The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.
Jesus knew that only if we have the heart to make disciples we will grow spritually and make it to heaven.
To make disciples the first thing is to have a great relationship with God.
Our prayers and bible studies have to be awesome.
If we don't we should immediatily confess and get our heart leaved by repenting
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Once we have a great relationship with God it is important to act James 2:26 if we
have no deeds are faith is as good as not there.
As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.
The following steps are required to become fruitful.
1. Invite People : We should invite as many people as possible. Our life style should be such that we invite people wherever we go, not only during ministry time in the evenings.
2. Contacts : It is important to note down the detailed address / Tel no. of people who are interested in God.
3. Follow us : Every contact should be followed up we should go and meet the contacts and find out about their lives. Do not be discouraged if some addresses are wrong.
4. Pick up : The contacts who are fired up should be picked up before the sunday service.
5. Visitors : People who come for one sunday service should be introduced to others we need to have a great fellowship with the them.
6. Studies : After the service it is very important to fix up studies with our visitors. Either we can personally study with them or fix up time with our leader.
7. Baptism : We should pray for our study and take sure that they are studied with and finally baptise them.
In order to baptise more people it is important to invite large number of people He who sow's more wil reap more.
2 Corinthians 9:6
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
In Christian life it is important to be personally fruitful. Being personally fruitful means inviting people and baptising them there is no retirement in Christian life we need to make disciples till we die.
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
If we stop evangelising our salvation is at stake. We can be cut off from God.
Therefore evangelism is the most important activity for a Christian.
As Christian we evangelise out of gratefulnes to Jesus who sacrificed his life on the cross for each one of us.
God has commanded us to make disciples of all nations.
How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers!
Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
Only if we obey Jesus, we love him. Then Jesus will make a home in our spirit.
Evangelism is the most important command of Jesus, so we have to obey it to attain our salvation.